- Phone: (202) 558-9745
- Mailing Address: 1616 7th St, NW, Washington DC, 20001
The Ministry Center, located in the Brookland neighborhood of DC, will serve as the home of The District Church staff, DC127, Just Homes, and a new counseling and recovery ministry. These ministries are a reflection of the church’s commitment to be “a church for the city” in living out its core values of worship, community, and justice.
The Ministry Center is the result of over 750 people generously giving $2,624,259 to the Impact DC initiative, helping to make this vision a reality.
The District Church was started in the home of Pastors Aaron & Amy Graham in 2010 and now worships every Sunday at 9:45am and 11:30am at Columbia Heights Educational Campus.
The church has a commitment to grow and multiply leaders who have a heart for the city. The church is currently composed of people from 74 nations and 49 states, who are committed to worshiping Christ and serving our city.
DC127 was born out of consecrated prayers for the District’s well over 1,400 youth in foster care in 2013. Founded as a ministry of The District Church, DC127 is a nonprofit organization committed to mobilizing church congregations to prevent vulnerable children from entering the child welfare system while recruiting, training and empowering potential foster care families to reverse the foster care waiting list. The new ministry center will facilitate the expansion of our training programs and parent engagement workshops.
Just Homes was birthed in response to the affordable housing crisis in DC with the conviction that the church has a critical role to play. The new ministry center will host Just Homes as it seeks to mobilize and equip local churches in DC to build and invest in affordable housing, and serve those experiencing housing instability.
The ministry center will also host a counseling center, recovery gatherings, and support groups to help people find freedom and healing.
The building that houses the new Ministry Center was built in 1940 as a 22-room convent for Domincan sisters committed to preaching and teaching the truth of Christ. The building has a rich spiritual history as a place of study, prayer, and housing for many respected scholars and religious leaders connected to Catholic University.
For more information or media requests please contact: